From the clinicians and staff at Central Iowa Psychological Services
- Are you observing the difficult/negative aspects of your life or are you absorbing them?
- What are your values? Are you making decisions based on your values and where you want your life to go?
- Is your choice going to be helpful or hurtful to you?
- What was different about your relationship with _____ (partner’s name, family member, friend, etc.) when that relationship was going well?
- When you are frustrated with an interpersonal situation, do you ever imagine “switching places”… really being in the other person’s shoes and stay in those shoes long enough to gain more clarity about that perspective?
- Do you feel more connected when a person uses your name when addressing you, even when just say Hello…? How often do you add this little bit extra… even just in a text?
- What am I feeling? AND what else am I feeling?
- What is my feeling trying to tell me? What important information can I get from my feelings?
- How am I viewing this situation/experience? Am I viewing it as Pervasive (it affects every part of my life), Permanent (it will never get better), and Powerless (outside of my control)? Can I look at the situation as having elements that are Temporary, Isolated, and where my Effort makes a difference?
- If I’m being honest, would others say that my reaction(s) to this situation are typical? Is this, perhaps, a pattern that would be helpful for me to recognize and explore?
Would you like to contact us or make an appointment? Click here.