From the clinicians and staff at Central Iowa Psychological Services
It’s finally summer! You survived the long, cold winter, and now we have long days of sunshine! For some people, this means occupying kids all summer and endless activities to plan for. For others it means trying to get all the good stuff in while balancing work schedules. Whatever your situation, it’s important to take the opportunity to enjoy all of the things that come along with summer, while keeping your sanity intact! Here are our Top 10 Tips for soaking up the summer:
- Plan ahead! Look ahead through the summer and plan outings, vacations, and camping trips ahead of time, when possible.
- Create some stability and options for kids – have ground rules for screen times and chores, and make a “bored jar” so they can keep busy. They need to keep their body and minds moving.
- But remember they need a break too – they worked their minds all school year, let them get extra sleep, play with friends, and relax.
- Join a summer reading program through your local library or with friends
- Get outside and enjoy the sunshine as much as you can. Even just a few minutes on your lunch break can boost your mood.
- Enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass.
- Ride your bike just because you can.
- Have a picnic with people you love. Or by yourself enjoying the outdoors!
- Close your eyes and listen to the rain.
- Take advantage of the long hours of daylight by enjoying a sunrise or sunset.
Would you like to contact us or make an appointment? Click here.